Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Star Wedding Cupcake Tower


Don't you just love being recommended by a close friend to a bride, the joy of creating the perfect cake for they're special day is a wonderful feeling. This bride knew exactly what she wanted, gold cupcakes with white/ivory and stars, and a top cake with gold shooting stars. She did have a picture but in silver, which made my job alot easier.

Having tested a number of white mud cake recipes I have come across this deliciously moist White Chocolate Mud Cupcake, which I topped with a layer of vanilla Italian Buttercream, and styled with a white chocolate fondant disc and gold luster & glitter dusted star. Topper cake is the same as the cupcakes.

Never really being a fan of the White Chocolate Mud Cake I am please to say that this is one is fabulous, you can really taste the white chocolate, and the texture is not overly dense. Thanks to minhneme of ecupcake for the recipe. If you have time check out her blog and you will be blown over by her flavour combinations, I wish she lived around the corner from me so I could be one of her testers.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic!!! LOVE THE DESIGN.

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

those looks so great! nice work!

cupcaketastic said...

Thanks, they really keep to the K.I.S.S. philosophy.