Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Starry Castle


Greatly inspired by Debbie Brown's Starry Castle book entitled Magical Cakes. But what the birthday girl wants the birthday girl gets. My little one was very upset when she found out that it wasn't for her! The inside is Rice Crispy Treats (so easy to work with, omg) made with Raspberry Marshmallows (birthday girl isn't a big fan of cake), covered in buttercream and then styled with white fondant. Clouds and Princess made from Flower Modelling Paste.

Glitter, I wouldn't eat it when it is so thick, not that it would hurt me. But lightly sprinkled is ok by me. I just love the effect it gives. I am very please with how well this cake turned out, so much so that I would like to try again but with cake dummies so that I can keep it on display.



4 comments:

WendyB said...

Beautiful!!!!

cupcaketastic said...

thanks Wendyb, I love your jewellery, I wish I had some spare cash, it would be coming your way.

Helene said...

Let me bow in front of you! Amazing!

cupcaketastic said...

Thanks Tartlette, you've made me giggle.